Thursday, May 14, 2020

I Love the Little Fishies




I Love the Little Fishies is a unique altered book created in 2018 in collaboration with my good friend Sabine Remy, a German collage artist.  The book is part of an on-going project Sabine has pursued for a couple years in which she and a collaborator/friend work on two identical books, ending up with two different altered books.  She calls it the "Unequal Twins" project and you can see more of these projects and other works on Sabine's blog here.

The vintage books are all part of a German series of popular pocket-sized books called Insel-Bücherei that feature lovely decorative paper covers and include a huge array of subject matter.  This book was about fish; Sabine modified the book text into an accordion structure and added lovely collaged images and some hanging fish.  I added some more collage and then hand-cut a little rhyme across the tops of the pages:

I love the little fishies, every she and he,
there are no better playmates in the deep blue sea.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Lynn, that was fun - I loved to work on our both twin books very much!
    Today I finished our collaboration No 107 which will reach you soon!

    ReplyDelete